Everyone wants a simple and healthy life, but what if you suddenly suffer from an unwanted oral disease when you brush regularly and did not have such problems before. If you suffer from any oral problem you can contact dentist orange grove and get solutions to every problem. But precaution is better than cure and good hygiene, regular visits to the dentist will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Here are some simple tips to help you look after your teeth.
- Brushing your teeth twice is the most simple solution to any problem and the best time to brush teeth is after meals.
- It is important to use the toothpaste according to your problem, you can use fluoridated toothpaste as it helps to harden tooth enamel and also reduces your risk of decay.
- Brush thoroughly and brushing should take between two and three minutes.
- Use a slow and gentle sawing motion to floss your teeth.
- Limit your acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. These drinks contains acids which soften the tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes.
- Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids, hence, limit sugary foods.
- Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing sports to protect your teeth from injury.
- Use your teeth only to chew food and avoid using your teeth for anything like cracking nuts, removing bottle tops or rip open packaging. If you are using your teeth for all these activities you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
- Consult your dentist at regular intervals and also visit your dentist if you have a minor dental problem like a toothache or bleeding gums.
Few questions related to brushing:
What is the right way to brush?
Proper brushing takes minimum two minutes and most adults do not come close to brushing that long. To brush your teeth properly, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gumline, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration.
What type of toothbrush should you use?
Dental professionals agree that a soft-bristled brush is best for removing plaque and debris from your teeth. If you are using small-headed brushes they are also preferable, as they can better reach all areas of the mouth, including back teeth.
How important is the toothpaste?
Choosing a correct toothpaste is also important there is a wide variety of toothpaste designed for various conditions, including cavities, gingivitis, tartar, stained teeth and sensitivity. It will be best if you ask your dentist which toothpaste is right for you.
How Often should toothbrush be replaced?
Generally, you can replace it after 3 months or when it begins to show wear. If you suffered from cold it is very important to change toothbrushes, since the bristles can collect germs which can lead to reinfection.
Simple brushing is not enough for oral health, you should know the proper way and should also have the correct toothpaste and toothbrush for best results. You can contact Dentist Orange grove to know your requirement.